Thursday, July 20, 2017

Whimsical Edit Before and After {children's fairy tale photo art}

Copyright © 2017 Tricia S. | Castles N Crowns Fairy Tale Photo Art

BOOKS AND BUTTERFLIES! This darling little girl with a sweet smile inspired me to create this whimsical edit. Though I used the parent's own photograph for this creative edit, when I do a child photography session myself, my style is usually to let the child choose their own poses (like this mom did here). If children are relaxed and feel they have some freedom to be themselves, we often get delightful poses naturally.

For this image, I just played and had fun, and didn't do much compositing. Normally, I take 2 days to create a full composite of many, many layers. Sometimes simple is better!

Art: "Books and Butterflies": © 2017 Tricia S. | Castles N Crowns | Fairy Tale Photo Art
Books: Usborne Children's Books: VIP Book Group (book parties, book giveaways, book discounts, literacy fun)

My hobby is creating fantasy art for friends and family, using 50-150 layers of clip art and adjustment layers in photoshop, which turn a regular photo into a fun and whimsical storybook portrait! ~Tricia.


No comments:

Post a Comment